General & Bariatric Surgeon
Meet Dr. Renfrow
Dr. Michael Renfrow M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board certified general surgeon, with fellowship specialization in minimally invasive, advanced laparoscopic and bariatric surgery. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Surgery, as well as a fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He brings more than 18 years of surgical experience to the Miami Sleeve Center.
Dr. Renfrow graduated with honors from the University of Florida. He earned his medical degree from the University of Miami School of Medicine, where he was awarded the prestigious John Foman Award, for most outstanding performance in surgery. He subsequently completed a general surgery residency at the University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital, where he served as chief resident. After completing residency, he pursued further specialized fellowship training in minimally invasive and bariatric surgery in San Antonio, Texas, where he developed a passion for his bariatric patients.
Dr. Renfrow is compassionate, empathetic, dependable, and dedicated to the field of medicine. He has a genuine and sincere interest in caring for his patients.
Dr. Renfrow is married with three beautiful daughters. He enjoys spending time with his family, and coaching his daughter’s basketball, volleyball, and soccer teams.
- University of Miami, School of Medicine 2003
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Science
- University of Miami / Jackson Memorial Hospital, General Surgery Residency, Chief Resident
- Texas Endosurgery Institute, Fellowship Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery
Certifications & Licensures
- Florida Medical License
- Board Certified General Surgery
- Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons